- Check out my sister’s hilarious and quirky new blog, Humble Writes Words.
- On a much more depressing note, cops in Australia rip a woman’s tent-costume off of her body, stripping her to her underwear in broad daylight. When they’re done, they just walk away.
- Fox News’ Eric Bolling wants to round up undocumented school kids and deport them.
- Occupy Chapel Hill has a measure of victory, sparking action and energy in the movement.
- Prominent GOP pollster Frank Lutz is “scared to death of Occupy” and advises Republicans on how to control public opinion of the Occupy Movement.
- A friend of mine recently unsubscribed from the NAACP mail alerts. They sent him a form requesting that he state the reason why he unsubscribed. I’d like to share what he wrote here about the NAACP and liberal/Official Left(TM) groups, because it is salient and to-the-point in regards to professional Leftists who make a career out of struggle:
“The NAACP [insert liberal group here] is a bunch of ineffective liberals that think there’s hope in the system and exist in the cesspool of “democratic” plurality. You professionalize social struggle and make it a job that is separate from daily life, that only exists within the sphere of the Official Left’s special interests. You are completely irrelevant in the face of the growing awareness that the system is entirely corrupt and needs to be gotten rid of completely and replaced by a horizontalist, all-inclusive process of cooperating human beings. Groups like you will only get in the way of people realizing their potential by making yourselves the self-proclaimed leaders of a movement you can’t figure out and are threatened by since your way of doing things, your dogmatic adherence to nonviolence, your belief in electoral politics and isolation from the reality of daily life for most people makes your group completely irrelevant and detrimental. My friends, you are as much a part of the problem, along with the rest of the Official Left in the world, as the capitalists and politicians are. Quit your jobs, or you will remain the careerist pigs that will be washed away by the tide of historical necessity.”
- And if you’re still with me after that, I’m going to randomly plug submedia.tv which features the excellent show, It’s the End of the World as We Know It and I Feel Fine. Check it out. Don’t be frightened. Or do be frightened.