- An excellent post at Pandagon regarding the true effects of HHS Secretary Sebilius’ historic and unprecedented veto of the FDA’s approval of making Plan B available over the counter and available without prescription to teen girls, effectively leveraging forced teenage pregnancy as a
lifelong punishmentpreventative measure for sexual activity. And I am horrified when I read comments by parents on the internet saying that they will actively support the sabotage of their child’s future by denying them access to birth control. I am just floored at this thinking. Please, please do not ruin your own child’s life by denying them birth control. And creating a new life as a form of punishment for your kids being sexually active? Just, wow. And yes, I actually read comments giving many versions of that argument. And that’s what it boils down to: pregnancy as punishment. I feel sick now…
- So get rid of that nasty gut feeling with something that is fucken hilarious.
- One cop’s take on police subculture and dissent.
- It’s too bad gay people are forcing heterosexual spouses into adultery. The nerve!
- An incredible and beautiful encounter with some of the non-human primates we are lucky to share the planet with:
- This is exactly what you don’t do to special needs kids.
- Hipster race analysis (or How White Kids Should Not Tell Persons of Color How to Feel):